How to redirect your Godaddy Domain to your Channel or Social Network
Follow these instructions to redirect your Domain purchased on Godaddy.com to your channel URL:
- Login to your Godaddy account
- Go to the DNS Management page of your domain. To find that page, go to your List of domains, click on the domain you wish to forward and then click on Manage DNS, near the end of the page
- On the DNS Management page, scroll down to the Forwarding section.
- Next to Domain, click Add.
- Under Forward to, select http:// or https:// and enter the URL of your channel or social network.
- Select your Forward type:
- Permanent (301): Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "301 Moved Permanently" HTTP response. The HTTP 301 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has permanently moved.
- Temporary (302): Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "302 Found" HTTP response. The HTTP 302 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has temporarily moved.
- Select your Settings
- Forward only: Forwards the domain or subdomain without masking.
- Forward with masking (recommended): Prevents the forwarded domain or subdomain URL from displaying in the browser's address bar, and lets you enter Meta Tags for search engine crawlers in the following fields:
- Title - Displays at the top of the browser window and in search results (title can be no more than 80 characters)
- Description - A short description of your website to display in search engine results (description can be no more than 150 characters)
- Keywords - A list of comma-separated keywords that describes the content and purpose of your website (keywords can be no more than 500 characters)
- To automatically update your nameservers to accommodate your forwarding changes, check Update my DNS setting to support this change (recommended).
- Click Save.